Work as a Senior Scala Backend Developer and get to work with Scala/Java, Akka, Kafka and Cassandra. You will also contribute on improving the development life-cycle and mentoring the team.
- Develops Akka based microservices using Scala/Java and scale them out by using the clustering and sharding capabilities.
- Apply Event Sourcing, Backpressure and CQRS patterns when applicable.
- Containerize microservices using Dockers to improve testability, portability and deployability.
- Produce property based and unit tests to help ensuring the quality of the code.
- Design REST and/or Message based APIs and outline the interactions amongst them.
- Provide feedback to the architects on the designs so we get to improve our architecture through experience.
- Contribute on improving the development lifecycle and mentor other members of the team.
- Oversee works and possible trainings for the Junior and Mid Developers.
- With a degree in Computer Science or any related courses.
- With a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Senior Developer/Engineer from the same field.
- Profound knowledge of the Actor Model and experience with the Akka Framework.
- Solid hands-on experience in Functional/Object-Oriented Programming and developing Scala/Java applications.
- Mastery skills in Slack – Giphy plugins, GIT, SBT/Maven.
- Familiar with REST APIs and Message Brokers.
- Must be a team player with highly developed English communication skills both towards co-Programmers and Project Managers.
- Innovative and strategic, with good time management yet delivering quality results.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence.
- Agile Development Process (Scrum).
- Microservice oriented architecture and patterns such as event sourcing and CQRS.
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, Riak.
- Akka Extensions: Clustering, Sharding, Streams, Distributed Pub/Sub.
- Testing libraries: ScalaTest, Specs2, ScalaCheck, Mockito.
- Containerization with Docker.
- Bench-marking and optimization.
- Leadership and people management skills.