Come join a passionate team of back-end Developers to build highly scalable components. You will be using technologies such as Scala/Java, Akka, Kafka and Cassandra.
- Develops Akka based micro-services using Scala/Java and scale them out by using the clustering and sharding capabilities.
- Apply Event Sourcing, Backpressure and CQRS patterns when applicable.
- Secure transport microservices using Dockers to improve testability, portability and deployability.
- Creates property based and unit tests to ensure the quality of the code.
- Designs REST and/or Message based APIs and outline the interactions amongst them.
- Provides feedback to the architects on the designs for improvement references.
- With a degree in Computer Science or any related courses.
- With a minimum of five (5) years’ experience from the same field.
- Profound knowledge of the Actor Model and experience with the Akka Framework.
- Solid hands-on experience in Functional/Object-Oriented Programming and developing Scala/Java applications.
- Mastery skills in Slack – Giphy plugins, GIT, SBT/Maven.
- Familiar with REST APIs and Message Brokers.
- Must be a team player with highly developed English communication skills both towards co-Programmers and Project Managers.
- Innovative and strategic, with good time management yet delivering quality results.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence.
- Agile Development Process (Scrum).
- Microservice oriented architecture and patterns such as event sourcing and CQRS.
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, Riak.
- Akka Extensions: Clustering, Sharding, Streams, Distributed Pub/Sub.
- Testing libraries: ScalaTest, Specs2, ScalaCheck, Mockito.
- Containerization with Docker.
- Bench-marking and optimization.