Work as a QA Engineering Manager (Automation) to lead engineers and contribute to the management best practices. You will also be responsible for implementing the test automation strategy and analysing new trends in testing environment.
As a Manager/Lead
- Handle up to two (2) talented Engineers to help them unlock their full potential. Given our organisational model they might be in different teams and with different priorities.
- Coach and mentor high performing Engineers.
- Path the right training courses, conferences, and possible stretch projects.
- Help individuals determine the best way to reach their professional goals.
- Manage performance and providing useful, timely feedback.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with every person you manage to give and receive feedback.
- Coordinate with other Engineering Managers to have common strategies and goals regarding people growth and be at the same page.
- Contribute best practice in workplace, to become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated people that we hire.
- Participate in hiring processes and in the decision making of new candidates.
- Maintain a supportive and engaging team culture.
- Report directly to the CTO.
As a QA engineer
- Design and implement test automation strategy and automated tests.
- Work with all of Engineering teams to maintain and adapt the tests suite.
- Work side by side with other Software Engineers to improve the tests.
- Analyse new tools and trends in the testing environment.
- With a degree in Computer Science or any related courses.
- With a minimum of five (5) years’ hands-on experience in QA automation in a professional environment.
- Advanced knowledge in QA techniques and tools: box testing, testing pyramid, stress, performance, test artifacts, API testing, etc.
- Experience with at least one CI/CD tools and one programming language.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- Advance familiarization with OOP principles.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Good management skills yet lead by examples.
- A team player with a vision and desire to work together to achieve great results with multiple internal and external team members as well as clients and providers.
- Highly developed English communication skills towards technical and non-technical teams.
- Valid work permit in EU.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the JVM.
- Scala Knowledge, is a big plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework is very welcome.
- Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
- Experience with SaaS CI tools (Circle CI, Travis CI, etc)