The Websites Team is responsible for the development and support of our client’s sites. We represent the main delivery channel of our clients’ products, including Casino, Poker and Sports betting and support all Desktop, Tablet and Mobile in a responsive manner.
The Websites Team is the key integration point for the aforementioned products plus our core backend platform and, as such, most of our initiatives spread across multiple teams in the organization, being a high interactive group expected to react fast to everyone’s needs.
The Websites Solutions Architect ensures that our Websites meet both their functional requirements and expected service qualities (performance, scalability, extensibility etc). Review and improve on existing systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies to seek continual improvement. Provide high-level of guidance and direction on project work, making sure that new projects fit in with an overall strategic vision.
- Assist in the evaluation of new technology.
- Develop well-documented prototypes and proof-of-concept applications.
- Oversee software design for various product teams
- Assist in diagnosing difficult software problems (throughput bottlenecks, deadlocks)
- 10+ years software development experience including Architecture and Technical Design.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience designing and implementing large-scale high transactional Web Sites with various enterprise grade frameworks, tools and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Web standards including HTML 5, CSS 3, SCSS, RDF/RDFa, JSON.
- Hand’s on experience with Web Frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Spring and AngularJS.
- Experience with multiple highend CMS products e.g. Drupal (preferred), Alfresco or Expression Engine including the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience developing Websites that provide Personalization, Localization and Internationalization including Multi-Lingual Sites.
- Demonstrate experience with Website management best practices including SEO, MVT, Web Analytics and Semantic Web Techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to think at a very high level (e.g. how a system will be broken down in a wide area environment) and a very low level (e.g. how a particular object will perform under high concurrency)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Principals, Design Patterns, RESTful services, Message oriented middleware and Event-driven architectures.
- Familiar with Agile/XP/SCRUM Methodologies.
- Ability to create loosely coupled, highly cohesive systems with separation of concerns.
- Knowledge of UX Processes and good User Interface/Experience Design Principals.
- A desire for development best practices including Continuous Integration and Automation.
- Experience reducing Technical Debt for Legacy applications through iterative development.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Gaming or previous Gaming Experience desirable but not essential.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science (or a very closely related field).