We are looking for an Automation Developer with Web Services technical skills who will perform a developer role with a focus on quality, responsible for developing automated test cases and test frameworks that verify both functional and non-functional requirements for various Web Services projects in the overall release pipeline.
The Automation Developer will be expected to work in collaboration with the QA Manager as well as Senior Tech QA Engineers to provide a high standard of automated testing services to ensure that our Web Services products demonstrate the quality and polish the company stands for.
The Automation Developer will work closely within a team of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Developers and other QA team members under Agile Methodology.
Develop, enhance and maintain well formed and scalable test frameworks for various functional and non functional stages of the software development lifecycle.
Develop, enhance and maintain high value test scripts for various Web Services functional and non functional testing.
Work with the team in the development of testing tools, utilities or applications to improve the efficiency of the QA group.
Report and document the results of functional and non functional automated tests.
Interact with other members of the QA function as well as with numerous disciplines within the business to the professional standard expected by the QA function.
- Strong knowledge of Web Services types and protocols.
- Experience with web services (REST, SOAP or XML-RPC) development and testing.
- Strong knowledge of Web Services functional testing tolls such us SoapUI is preferred.
- Excellent organization, communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in consistently delivering against agreed timelines.
- Excellent problem solving skills and good attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to work both collaboratively and with limited supervision.
- Experience with Java build tools (Maven or Ant), version control systems (SVN, CSV, etc.) and continuous integration tools.
- Experience using Jira or similar defect tracking tools desirable.
- Experience on Funcional / Non Functional Automated Testing is preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing automated test assets across complex, cross browser based applications, Web Services, etc. is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of frontend functional testing tools such as Selenium, QTP, Rational Functional, SoapUI is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of non functional tools such as WebLoad, NeoLoad, LoadRunner, LoadUI, JMeter is preferred.
- Experience of designing test cases in tools such as Quality Center is desirable.
- Experience automating Flash/Flex is a plus.
- Experience automating Windows client applications is a plus.
- Understanding of Agile software development principles
- Fluent in English.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.