Be part of a super-motivated DevOps team to create new and awesome tools. You will drive improvements and be empowered to improve software, using your analytical and diagnostic flair to the full.
- Plan upgrades of large, complex systems across a variety of environments, working closely with key staff across multiple sites.
- Manage technical releases including software deploys, de-risking deploys and change request reviews.
- Investigate and diagnose problems, assign or carry out code and deployment fixes, and keep documents up to date.
- Make workflow more efficient and the system more stable.
- Build and verify new servers, including tracking network changes.
- Build tools for automate, simplify and de-risk processes.
- Work with bleeding-edge tools and technologies.
- Familiarity with containerization (Docker, rkt) and virtualization (VMWare, Vagrant, VirtualBox) technologies.
- A strong and deep level of understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment concepts and tools, including SCMs (Git, Subversion), CI servers (Bamboo, Jenkins), build tools (Maven, Gradle), binary repositories (Nexus, Artifactory) and code quality tools (SonarQube).
- Strong knowledge around platform automation technologies, such as Puppet and Ansible.
- Good level of understanding regarding database administration, including but not limited to, Cassandra, Neo4j and ElasticSearch as well as the traditional ones (MySQL, Oracle, etc).
- Equipped with basic programming know-how – including an understanding of code and coding concepts – plus advanced knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby…).
- Familiarity with Java software development, including JEE concepts, current technologies and frameworks.
- A talented Linux administrator and investigator who knows about network diagnostics and services.
- Basic knowledge in Windows systems administration and investigation, with expertise that covers Event log and Services.
- Flexible enough to meet tight deadlines and driven to deliver to strict SLAs.
Nice to have
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with the Atlassian stack.
- Experience with AWX.
- Knowledge in Django framework.