Are you a software developer looking for a change?
We are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our systems. You’ll find a friendly work environment with near flat hierarchy.
What we offer:
- Microservices, microservices and microservices… with more than 20 in production
- More than 2.8K requests per minute… are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented platform
- International work place. From our applications with more than 4 programming languages, albeit Scala focused, to the company with more than 15 nationalities.
- “Works on my machine” is not longer an excuse: Docker containers from your local env until production.
- DevOps mentality
Key Accountability and Responsibilities
- You will report directly to the Head of Engineering
- Help define and shape technical architecture of company’s systems
- Work within the engineering team; grow team’s excellence around the JVM platform and cloud technologies
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competencies
This job is not for everyone. You’re:
- Not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with distributed teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- Fluent reading in English.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of real hands-on experience developing in Java and/or Scala in a professional environment
- At least 1 year using Spring.
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Knowledge of FP paradigm.
- Experience with Git .
- Knowledge of Java 8 functional bits would be strongly preferred.
- Experience with Spring Framework 4.X.X (very welcome)
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
- Git flow experience will be positively considered.
What We Offer
- Joining a company that’s delivering ground-breaking solutions in an industry in need of change.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Competitive salary range: from 38.000€ to 43.000€.
- A young and upbeat work environment. Leave your suit behind; we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place.
- A truly international team: 10 languages, 12 nationalities working on the same place.
- An exciting, key role in a high growth start-up, backed by internationally renowned VCs.
- Free language classes
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.
- and many, many more surprises… come join us!